The brain is the powerhouse of the human body. It allows you to think, speak, move and carry out all your everyday functions. Without your brain functioning in a healthy, working condition, you wouldn't even be able to perform basic functions, like walking, eating or talking.
Did you know that certain foods can help you boost the functioning of your brain?,Here are the ten foods you should be consuming to keep boost the power of your brain!
- Whole grains - The brain needs energy, otherwise you wouldn't be able to solve even the minor problems that you stumble upon, in your daily life. Go for wheat bran, whole grain bread and brown rice, pasta and cereals to keep those brain juices flowing all day long.
- Fish - Oily fish like mackerel, salmon, trout and sardines contain essential omega-3 fatty acids, which are excellent for brain's functioning and preventing memory loss. If you're not a fish person, substitute it with walnuts, soya beans and flaxseed oil.
- Blueberries - Binge on these power berries packed with essential vitamins for a healthy brain. You can keep snacking on them throughout the day if you want to. Canada has some of the best farms in the world that grow blueberries.
- Tomatoes - You don't have to feel guilty about helping yourself to a second serving of the delicious homemade tomato pasta sauce, as these veggies are packed with important nutrients for your brain.
- Blackcurrant - Keep your refrigerator well-stocked with blackcurrant. Packed with Vitamin C, blackcurrant helps increase mental agility.
- Pumpkin seeds - Get your daily dose of zinc with a handful of these magic seeds. They are vital for enhancing your thinking skills and memory power.
- Broccoli - Sorry kids, but you'll need this veggie to be able to remember all those difficult answers. It contains Vitamin K that helps increase brainpower and cognitive function.
- Sage - Just a sprinkling of sage on your food will help you in improving your memory power.
- Nuts - Go "nuts" with these highly-packed sources of Vitamin E, known for preventing cognitive decline.
- Eggs - Rich in Vitamin A and B, this power brain-food is what will help keep your brain working even at 2 in the morning!